Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Heart

My heart is not where it wants to be,
It keep telling me so...i chose to ignore it,
but all i want now is to be free,
to stop feeling so confused, to stop struggling.
if only i was brave enough to step up.
to step up and tell the world what my heart screams out each night.
every night dream of the future i desire,
when i wake up each morning and realize it was all a dream,
i return to my usual routine, with no enthusiasm, no courage.

i've been waiting for some one to come and force me to take action
i know that wont happen. but i wish....

i thought i could handle this...
i ignored my honest friends and loving teachers and my caring aunt,
and i stumbled into this world, where people and things are cold and distant.
a world that seem so shallow and emotionless.
a world in which i do not belong.
now all i want is out. to run away.
but i have no energy, no courage to make any more changes.

4 comments:

JJ said...

You write quite poetically, or your poems are quite prosaic. But either way, I hope things will look up for you. Because no matter what happens, you have your life, and all that matters is what you do with it. Whether you push forward is based entirely on how much you allow yourself to.

Bubbles said...

Hummm thanks Jerrick,
easily said... doing it is a different story though.

JhkL said...

Have faith in yourself. Don't give in too soon. Heck, life's just started ;) I'm here.

Sorry for the late comment.

Bubbles said...

just reading some past posts>>> wow this was a dark time for me. but hey i came out the other side...
feeling happy, satisfied and accomplished.

The ending wasnt that bad after all. I enjoy the field i ended up in. -- i guess at the end of the day, that's all that matters. :)